Tuesday, December 9, 2008

January 29, 1943: Two months after the Tragedy



I’ve seen the Woods’ once every week since Rose was killed. The scene and the sight of Rose crawlin' out of the club still haunts me. I ain't fully healed, but each day I have begun to feel a little bit lighter.

When I go to the Woods’ home, Rose’s mother always welcomes me with a warm hug. I can see how her an' Rose’s father have been strugglin' these past few months, but I know that my visits invigorate them to continue on with their lives. I also find time to play with Willy to remind him that he still has a whole life to look forward to.

The fire has put a whole in my heart me and I know I will never forget it. Rose was one of many people who died or who was injured that night. It’s hard to know how this tragic event affected many people, but I do know that I now have a guardian angel watchin' over me.




This is a Memorial in honor of the people who died.

No comments: